Cyber-attacks and security weaknesses can lead to a number of potentially damaging outcomes for businesses, including the loss of productivity, revenue, customers, and brand reputation. So, how do you know if your organisation is vulnerable to cyber attacks or privacy and data breaches? And, how can you proactively protect the IT security health of your organisation?
How to recognise when it’s time to audit your IT security health
Just like going to the doctors to prevent a cold from turning into something worse, the infrastructure security health of your business also needs periodic preventative care to uncover any security vulnerabilities, risks, or areas that need attention.
So, If any of the following scenarios resonate with you, it may be time to take action and book your organisation in for an IT Security Health-Check-up:
- You may have uncovered unusual files on your network, or even noticed computers on your network performing strangely
- Your financial, health, energy, or educational industry organisation needs to meet regulatory requirements and ensure compliance
- You have outdated technology, software, and operating systems that could have left your organisation exposed
- Your employees are working more regularly from home on unsecured networks and increasing your organisation’s vulnerabilities by growing its points of entry and decreasing the control over app or software downloads if they are using are their own devices
- Since the last time your IT systems were checked, there have been changes to your IT environment and you want to be confident your systems are secure
- You’re holding sensitive information and you need to protect yours and your customer’s data
- You’re unsure if your IT supplier has built your systems in accordance to best practice and if you have the right security policies in place
- You’ve had your systems patched with the latest releases and you want to ascertain if have any backdoor access points been left exposed to the internet and if anyone from the internet can gain access to your system
- You haven’t had your systems, people, and processes tested and your staff haven’t necessarily been made aware of potential cyber risks so you’re unsure if they are following correct security procedures
The next steps towards becoming more resilient
Maybe one or more of the scenarios above ring true for you, maybe you’re already actively investing in your organisations IT security but it’s time to evaluate and understand how well you’re protected, or maybe you know you need to invest but you don’t know where to start… SEQA’s IT Security Health-Check service can make it easy for your business to gain confidence by performing regular security reviews of your entire internet perimeter and will provide you with:
- An inventory of the technology assets your business has exposed to the internet
- Identification of any risk’s assets may have
- Assurance that you know where any issues are and confidence that you know how to resolve them and safeguard your business
Take action by talking to our security specialists about how SEQA’s services can help your organisation become cyber resilient and minimise your IT security risks with an IT Security Health-Check.
Get in touch, today.