Due to increasing demand, we are looking for an intermediate level Software Engineer who can demonstrate a strong desire to quickly develop their application security expertise.
Wellington or Auckland.
Fulltime and Contract.
What You’ll Do
- As a Software Security Analyst you will be developing your skills in application security to perform web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, architecture security review, and eventually training development teams in security concepts
- Deliver high-quality technical reports and presentations for our clients
- Effectively communicate security findings and recommendations to our clients
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements
- Deliver services as part of SEQA’s Software Security Assurance Programme
Ideal experience and technical skills you may have
You will have great application engineering skills with some knowledge of application security (the more the better). You will be naturally inquisitive and have a thirst to stay abreast of modern application development technologies but most importantly, you will have a keen interest in security.
- At least 4 years working in web software engineering roles
- Some knowledge of application security issues such as OWASP Top 10
- Having reviewed applications or source code for security issues would be a definite advantage
- Alternatively, if you are an experienced full-stack developer in a wide range of web programming languages and would like to learn the security aspect of software development, you may also want to apply
- Qualifications such as Bachelor of Computer Science, Software Engineering or any cyber security certification would be an advantage
- Ability to cross training quickly into security
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and take pride in the quality of your work
- Be able to build rapport with customers
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently while meeting project timeframes
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A great sense of humour and a positive and flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Proactive and willing to contribute your expertise to business discussions
How to Apply
Please register your interest by submitting your CV and a covering letter that tells us about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and any discussions will be treated in confidence. We look forward to receiving your application.
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role and you must have the ability to pass MOJ and other security clearances.