Due to increasing demand, we are looking for an experienced Senior Security Consultant to join our team.
Wellington or Auckland. We are open to remote work for the right person.
Fulltime and Contract.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Delivering various technical security engagements to our clients and peer review of security deliverables
- Helping to mentor other members of the consulting team
- Providing advice and recommendations to clients based on best practices
- Some occasional travel within New Zealand may be required
- Pre-sales activities which includes translating defined requirements into sales proposals
Key Technical Requirements
Ideally, you will have at least 4 years of strong hands-on experience in various Offensive and Defensive Security consulting services. Persons looking to make the next step in their career with the right mindset and great technical security skills will also be considered.
Ideal experience and technical skills you may have
- Web Application, code reviews, Network, Red Team, Mobile Application penetration assessment skills and threat modelling
- It would be an advantage to have a development background that would allow you to perform Static Code Reviews (or are willing to learn)
- You may be able to demonstrate a history of reporting security bugs through bug bounty programmes or have accumulated CVEs for finding credible security bugs.
- Active participation in various CTF challenges
- Relevant qualifications such as Bachelor of Computer Science, Software Engineering, CREST or OSCP is an advantage
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with automation would also be an advantage
- Linux or Windows admin skills with scripting such as Bash and or Powershell
- Written some security blogs
- Presented at industry conferences
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and take pride in the quality of your work
- Be able to build rapport with customers
- Able to mentor other team members
- Have an interest in conducting independent security research
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently while meeting project timeframes
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills
- You have a great sense of humour and a positive and flexible ‘can do’ attitude
How to Apply
Please register your interest by submitting your CV and a covering letter that tells us about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and any discussions will be treated in confidence. We look forward to receiving your application.
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role and you must have the ability to pass MOJ and other security clearances.