SEQA is an information security company with huge aspirations to be a market leader in providing a range of offensive and defence services to help businesses test and build secure solutions.
Due to demand, we are looking for experienced Security Consultants to join our Wellington or Auckland teams. We also have contract opportunities available for a highly experienced Senior Security Consultant.
– 1 x Senior Security Consultant (full-time / contract)
– 2 x Security Consultant
Wellington or Auckland is preferred. An exception can be made on a case to case basis to work from anywhere within NZ.
Who You Are
You will possess strong technical testing skills but equally important is your ability to build trust, confidence and credibility with a diverse range of customers on a professional level. You must be able to keep a level head and be able to demonstrate your information security expertise with relaxed confidence.
You have a passion and motivation to progress your career in security as a well-rounded security consultant. You may have been a developer in a past life allowing you to instinctively know your way around source code and have a strong desire to move security activities ‘Left’.
What You’ll Do
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, design security review, and red team assessments
- Deliver high-quality technical reports and presentations for our clients
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership
- Contribute towards in-house scripts, tools, or methodologies
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, leading engagements from kickoff through remediation
Your Education and Experience
You will have great technical skills and enjoy sharing this knowledge. You will be naturally inquisitive and have a thirst to stay abreast of new attacks and defences. Most importantly, you will love what you do.
Skills you should be able to demonstrate:
- In-depth knowledge of security testing methodologies but you know when to deviate from traditional testing approach to achieve your testing goals creatively.
- Strong penetration testing skills with particular focus on Application, Network and Mobile apps testing. Wireless and hardware based testing skills will be a bonus.
- Static Code Review (Familiarity with at least one software programming language such as C/C++, C#, ASP.NET, Python, Ruby, PHP, GOLANG, Node.js, Java Script, Java, Java EE)
- An understanding of various classes of security vulnerabilities and their mitigations techniques
- Network and web-related protocol knowledge (e.g. TCP/IP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS and routing protocols)
- Linux or Windows admin skills with scripting such as Bash and/or Powershell.
Other technical skills and experience which would be advantageous:
- Development background and have hands-on exposure to Agile / DevOps methodology
- Active participation in various known bug bounty programmes. You have a history of reporting credible security bugs and have been rewarded
- Acknowledgement of Responsible Disclosures and have accumulated CVEs for credible security bugs
- Active participation in various CTF challenges
- Written some security blogs
- Presented at industry conferences.
- Relevant qualifications such as Bachelor of Computer Science, Software Engineering, CREST or OSCP is an advantage.
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and take pride in the quality of your work
- Be able to build rapport with customers
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently while meeting project timeframes
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Quality and thorough reporting deliverables.
- You have a great sense of humour and a positive and flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proactive and willing to contribute your expertise to business discussions
Why work for us?
We offer competitive salaries, flexibility with remote working, time for research and training, a structured career path and allowance to engage in bug bounty programmes between assignments.
You’ll not only be joining a team of talented people who are as passionate about information security as you, but you’ll also get access to a range of diverse and interesting projects with a variety of clients and industries that will grow and challenge you.
You will have the opportunity to help shape our company to make a difference for both our business and customers. Your voice is always heard and you will be a key person that will be part of growing our business rather than simply a number.
If you’re looking for opportunities to advance your career and make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
If you want to make a difference and be part of our exciting journey to improve New Zealand’s cyber security landscape, send your CV and a cover letter describing yourself, your skills, what you are looking for and why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and any discussions will be treated in confidence. We look forward to seeing your application.
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role and you must have the ability to pass MOJ and other Security Clearances.