Due to increasing demand, we are looking for an experienced Security Consultant to join our Wellington or Auckland team.
Wellington or Auckland. We are open to remote work for the right person.
Fulltime and Contract.
What You’ll Do
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, design security review, and red team assessments
- Deliver high-quality technical reports and presentations for our clients
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership
- Contribute towards in-house scripts, tools, or methodologies
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements
Your Education and Experience
You will have great technical skills and enjoy sharing this knowledge. You will be naturally inquisitive and have a thirst to stay abreast of new attacks and defences. Most importantly, you will love what you do.
Ideal experience and technical skills you may have
- In-depth knowledge of security testing methodologies but you know when to deviate from traditional testing approach to achieve your testing goals creatively.
- Strong penetration testing skills with particular focus on Application, Network and Mobile apps testing. Wireless and hardware-based testing skills will be a bonus.
- An understanding of various classes of security vulnerabilities and their mitigations techniques
- Network and web-related protocol knowledge (e.g. TCP/IP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS and routing protocols)
- Linux or Windows admin skills with scripting such as Bash and/or Powershell
Other technical skills and experience which would be advantageous
- Hands-on exposure to Agile / DevOps methodology
- Static Code Review (Familiarity with at least one software programming language such as C/C++, C#, ASP.NET, Python, Ruby, PHP, GOLANG, Node.js, Java Script, Java, Java EE)
- You may have been involved in bug bounty programmes or have accumulated CVEs for finding and responsibly disclosing credible security bugs
- Active participation in various CTF challenges
- Relevant qualifications such as Bachelor of Computer Science, Software Engineering, CREST or OSCP is an advantage
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and take pride in the quality of your work
- Be able to build rapport with customers
- Creative problem-solving skills
- You have a great sense of humour and a positive and flexible ‘can do’ attitude
- Proactive and willing to contribute your expertise to business discussions
How to Apply
Please register your interest by submitting your CV and a covering letter that tells us about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and any discussions will be treated in confidence. We look forward to receiving your application.
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role and you must have the ability to pass MOJ and other security clearances.